Animatronic Christmas Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animatronic Christmas Gift

In the spirit of the upcoming holiday season, I thought I would design fabricate and build a talking animated Christmas present. I'll use it to entertain my grand daughters. I used the Koci/Addicore controller with the Receiver/Recorder with sound module to operate the pan , nod, tilt, and jaw movements.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211112_100730.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	169 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211112_100734.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	170

The gift is fabricated out of regular Dollar Store foam board and hot glue. I Incorporated a 9g Servo stack to perform the pan, nod, and tilt motions (see stack photo).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211109_141609.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	171

The jaw or mouth movement utilizes a pocket sleeve technique where the mouth area is cut out of the wrapping psper and another section of paper is slipped underneath. Using popsicle sticks as a guide, a micro Nano Servo is used to slide the jaw paper up and down emulating mouth movements.

The stand is just PVC pipe that can be lengthened or shortened as a fitting was used up underneath the present that's removable.

Here's a video of the new Christmas gift in action... Talking to my granddaughters...ready for the holidays!
    https://vimeo.com/645621189

Last edited by Lightman; 11-15-2021, 06:10 AM.
Working...
X